Wednesday 4 May 2016

Cake pops

Cake pops!

Cause you got that cake cake cake cake, 
Yes we all love a bit of cake something sweet, to go with our cup of tea or coffee. 

As I had the idea of making these for a baby shower, what not a better way to write a post about it. 

Now Looking all over the Internet for a cake pop recipe was a mission and a half (is that the right saying?), I was searching and searching but all the recipes seemed to be using a ready made cake or even baking a cake and then crumbling it up? 

But like me I like to start from scratch... and finally finding one after searching for about half hour (relief!) 

So the ingredients: 
You will need : 
180g self raising flour
120g butter
150g caster sugar 
1tsp vanilla extract 
2 eggs
4tbsp milk

For the icing :
You can either get candy melts which I believe you can get from any supermarkets or even Lakeland, but I just used chocolate and sprinkles


Step 1: preheat your oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4 

Step 2:mix the butter and sugar together until it becomes light and fluffy.


Step 3: then go in adding the eggs, vanilla extract, half the milk and half the flour, mix until everything is combined. 

Step 4: keep adding the flour and the remaining milk .mix well
*Yes I was lazy and used a mixer instead of a whisk (cheesy grin)

Step 5: With silicone cake mold I had to lightly grease it with a little oil and just dusting some flour over the top, I think this was because I was using them for the first time!

Step 6:Now with the mixture start to fill the cake molds to the top, but be careful not to over fill them. (This I found a messy job) once you have filled them place the top half of the mold on top

Step 7: Finally time for them to bake, place them in the pre heated oven, and cook for 15-20 minutes.
*for me I found it easier placing the mold onto a baking tray and then placing it in the oven.

Step 8: Last but not least DECORATINGGG! wooo, but dont get to excited you need to atleast wait 2 hours for the cake pops to cool down!

*When adding the sticks into the cake pops, if  the pops start to slide just make some butter icing and dip the stick in before putting them into the cake pops, as this will give it some support.

Once they are cool, go ahead and decorate them however you like, for me I just melted some milk chocolate over the cooker and rolled the cake pops into it, then just dipping it into some sprinkles/ hundres and thousands oh and not forgetting the white chocolate stars.




And there we have it your very own cake pops!
For, first time baking these, I thought it wasn't bad, and yes, I didn't have a stand, so I had to stick them in the other cake pops which were left in the mold.

Definitely going to be making these again. They taste sooo good!

Kiri x

1 comment:

  1. I love cake pops! I've always wanted to make them, thank you for sharing this recipe!

    Ella xx
    www.ellaselement.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete